Harrison Ford comes out in a sling after injuring his shoulder

Harrison Ford stepped out in a sling on Friday after injuring his shoulder as he rehearsed a fight scene for Indiana Jones 5 – which will put off filming for three months.

The actor, 78, was walking around Mayfair, London, watching tennis in a pub and wearing a casual ensemble while wearing the khaki sling.

The star, who plays the franchise’s titular daredevil archaeologist, was injured in a choreographed fight scene and will now be out of action while he recovers.

Ouch: Harrison Ford stepped out in a sling on Friday after injuring his shoulder while rehearsing a fight scene for Indiana Jones 5

The fifth and final Indiana Jones film in the series has been filmed in the UK in recent weeks and is slated for release in 2022.

Harrison dressed in a navy sweater and gray pants and wore a black face mask as he walked around.

It’s a further blow to the film – which sees James Mangold taking on the directorship of longtime director Steven Spielberg – after filming was previously postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Injury: The actor, 78, was seen walking around Mayfair, London, watching tennis in a pub and wearing a casual ensemble wearing the khaki sling

Delay: Disney film studio did not disclose the severity of Ford’s injury last week, but said the filming schedule would be adjusted over the “coming weeks”

An insider told The Sun’s Weird column, “This is Harrison’s last outing as Indiana and everyone thought it would be that easy.

“After the initial delays, everyone was eager to go. But now Harrison is injured and it’s worse than expected.

“The film’s bosses have come together to set the schedule and it’s chaos. They think they can restart production at the earliest in September.

“It wasn’t what nobody expected, so having to change everything is a big blow. Everyone was worried about Harrison and they are happy that he is on the mend.

Exciting: The fifth and final Indiana Jones film in the series has been filmed in the UK in recent weeks and is due out in 2022

Ride: Harrison dressed in a navy sweater and gray pants and wore a black face mask as he walked around

Outside: Harrison was watching football in Mayfair with a group of friends

Harrison is known for doing his own stunts on set and Spielberg confessed he was an “idiot” for letting the star engage in risky scenes such as the boulder race in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The legendary filmmaker said: “A double would have cheated his head, so Harrison volunteered to do it himself.

“There were five shots of the rock from five different angles – each shot twice – so Harrison had to run ten times over the rock.

“He’s won ten times – and beat the odds. He was lucky – and I was a fool to let him try.

Oh my God: Filming for the highly anticipated fifth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise has been postponed for three months

Pain: The Hollywood actor is said to have “made an old injury bad enough that he needed surgery to fix it” (Harrison pictured in Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in 2008)

The article previously reported that Ford had “made an old injury serious enough that he needed surgery to fix it.”

The source told The Sun: “He was filming an action scene on a train at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire when he felt it leave. It is not yet known whether he will return to the United States for surgery. Everything is on hold and the schedules are being rewritten.

Reports suggest production on the film will continue around Harrison’s recovery, with the schedule being “reconfigured” as needed over the next several weeks, with the newspaper adding that the incident has plunged the film’s schedule “into chaos. “.

Injured: Reports suggest production on the film will continue around Harrison’s recovery, with the schedule being ‘reconfigured’ if needed over the next few weeks (pictured in 2020)

A Disney source told Deadline: “During rehearsals for a fight scene, Harrison Ford suffered a shoulder injury.

“Production will continue while appropriate processing is evaluated and the filming schedule will be reconfigured as necessary in the coming weeks.”

MailOnline has reached out to representatives for Harrison and Disney for comment.

This isn’t the only time the movie star has been injured on the set of a movie.

Harrison had previously been run over by the Millennium Falcon’s hydraulic door on the set of the Star Wars movie The Force Awakens.

The 71-year-old was thrown to the ground and trapped by the heavy door while filming the film at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in June 2014.

A Disney-owned film production company has been fined £ 1.6million in the crash.

A source said: “Production will continue while appropriate processing is evaluated and the filming schedule will be reconfigured as necessary in the coming weeks.”

He could have been killed by the door on the stage of the Millennium Falcon spacecraft which crushed him like a “blunt-board guillotine,” a court said.

Hollywood star Ford was reprising his role as Han Solo when he was hit by the hydraulic door, which had been designed to mimic the action of a door on the original set.

It acted like a “blunt guillotine,” descending “a few millimeters from its face” at a speed of just 1.6 seconds, as the star passed below. As a result, he was pinned to the ground by the pelvis.

Pain: This isn’t the only time the movie star has been injured on the set of a movie. He was crushed by the hydraulic door of the Millennium Falcon on the set of the Star Wars movie The Force Awakens in 2014

Ford suffered a broken tibia and fibula, a dislocated ankle and a severed hand in the incident, while the safety of his sidekick Chewbacca was also at risk.

It has been a busy time for Harrison as in recent months he has been sighted in the Scottish Borders and North Yorkshire filming scenes as a famous archaeologist.

The star embarked on a grueling exercise regimen while filming the latest movie in the UK.

Harrison cycled 40 miles and took walks after just six hours of sleep before shooting on an 11-hour filming schedule.

40 years later: Harrison played the iconic role of Indiana Jones for 40 years, having first appeared in Raiders of the Lost Ark in 1981

Staying in shape: The star embarked on a grueling exercise regimen while filming the latest UK film (pictured on set)

“It’s a clock, very regimented. It’s waking up, having lunch, a really long bike ride, then he’s on the set from 6 p.m., ”an inside source told the Mirror on Saturday.

They continued, “He then arrives at the hotel around 5 am. This regime of exercise and work would be a punishment for a man half his age. It is a real dedication.

‘It’s incredible. He seems to be living a very strict routine. You can set your watch by the things it does at the same time each day. Regimented.

This will be the fifth time that Harrison will reprise the title role of Heroic Archaeologist with side parts for Mads Mikkelsen, 55, and Phoebe Waller-Bridge, 35.

James Mangold is directing the film in place of Steven Spielberg.

Plot details are still being kept under wraps, and it’s unclear what roles the new additions will play in the fifth film.

Legendary composer John Williams is also set to return, continuing a musical legacy that began 40 years ago with Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Meanwhile, Harrison previously said he wouldn’t make another Indiana Jones movie unless he was sure the production team could “kill him.”

Citing the success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he said, “I don’t really want to give them what they want to see, I want to give them something that they didn’t plan to see.

“The Marvel movies are a spectacular example of a success that worked the other way around – they killed it. We’re not going to do another Indiana Jones unless we are able to kill him. We want it to be the best.

at work: It has been a busy time for Harrison as in recent months he has been spotted in the Scottish Borders and North Yorkshire while filming scenes as a famous archaeologist

Preparations: Set construction at Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland as filming for new Indiana Jones 5 starring Harrison takes place overnight

Last month Boyd Holbrook and Shaunette Renee Wilson joined the cast of Indiana Jones 5.

The Logan star and the 31-year-old actress will both star in the fifth installment of the iconic action franchise.

Indiana Jones 5 was first announced in 2016 and was originally slated for release in July 2019.

Supporting roles: Mads Mikkelsen, 55, and Phoebe Waller-Bridge, 35, LR have also signed to appear in Indiana Jones 5 alongside Harrison

It was then pushed back for a year, before being delayed for another 12 months until July 2021 after Jonathan Kasdan – whose father Lawrence Kasdan wrote Raiders of the Lost Ark in 1981 – was brought to working on the screenplay after the departure of original screenwriter David Koepp. project.

The most recent film in the series was 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which grossed over $ 790.6 million at the global box office.

The current Indiana Jones 5 release date is July 29, 2022.

Source link